Executive Chairman, Tappoo Group of Companies
Officer of the National Order of Merit for France
Order of the British Empire
An illustrious public and private sector career, including:
- Former Chairman of Fiji’s largest listed company, Amalgamated Telecom Holdings Limited for 10 years,
- Former Director of the Reserve Bank of Fiji,
- A 14 year public service record as Mayor of Sigatoka Town in the 70’s & 80’s.
Executive Director & Chief Executive Officer
Tappoo Group of Companies
- Executive Director & Chief Executive Officer and has overall responsibility for the Group’s operations.
- Entered the family business straight after graduation and is intricately involved in the various aspects of retail, distribution, export,travel, tourism, motor vehicles, fuel, and manufacturing operations of the Tappoo Group.
- Served as a director on the Board of the Fiji Visitors Bureau, which spearheads Fiji‘s tourism sector.
The Tappoo Group of Companies is a family concern in its third generation presently. Started by Tappoo Kanji in 1941, the Group presently has 12 Tappoo family Board members.
All are involved in the day-to-day operations of the Group.
Members of the Board of Directors:
Mr Kanti Lal Tappoo, OBE.Executive Chairman of Tappoo Group
Suresh Tappoo, Deputy Chairman,BE ( Civil ) Auck.
Madhu Tappoo, B.Comm (Qld., Aust.)Executive Director & Group Chief Executive Officer.
Vinod Tappoo, LL.B (Auck, NZ)
Mahendra Tappoo, LL.B (Auck, NZ)
Kamlesh Tappoo, B.COMMs (Auck Uni), A.C.A.,A.C.I.S (Lond), C.M.A (NZ)
Harish Tappoo, B.COMM (Aust) Ass. Dip. Bus. MNIA
Harnish Tappoo, B.COMM (Aust)
Kaushal Tappoo, B.COMM (Auck, NZ)
Nishal Tappoo, B.COMM, NZ Diploma in Business
Remal Tappoo, B Pharm (NZ), MPS