- Set up workstations with all required ingredients and cooking equipment.
- Check quality of ingredients.
- Do prep for the day before opening of the outlet.
- Cook various menu items as instructed by head chef.
- Assist head chef in dressing dishes before they are served.
- Keep a sanitized and orderly environment in the kitchen.
- Ensure all food and other items are stored properly.
- Minimum of 2 years work experience in similar roles with the hospitality industry.
- Must have tertiary education in cookery.
- Clean and chop meat & vegetables as advised by the chef.
- Sort and store food items.
- Proper personal appearance, hygiene and sanitation.
- Performs all other tasks assigned by chefs.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience, working in a commercial kitchen.
- Experience working as kitchen hand or assistant to chef.
- Wash work tables, and appliances and clean kitchen work areas, equipment,
utensils and dishes.
- Sweep and mop floors, and perform other duties to assist cook and kitchen staff.
- Sort and dispose of food waste.
- Skills to professionally clean kitchen equipment and utensils.